My Little Pocketbooks: Review: The French Maid   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Monday, April 30, 2012

Review: The French Maid


The French Maid 
Author: Sabrina Jeffries  
Genre:  Romance 
Publisher: Pocket Star 
Release Date:  April 10, 2012 
EBook: 30 pages 

Source:  Purchased at iBooks for Free (now .99 USD) 
Buy the Book: Amazon



Book Description
Lady Eleanor Langston has a problem: her husband Henry, prime-minister-in-the-making, is too caught up in his work to notice her. Despite her involvement in his various public appearances, she feels shut out of his life, especially with their one-year anniversary looming. When Henry hires a highly recommended French lady’s maid without consulting her, Eleanor’s anger can't be contained—until she meets her. With Babette’s help, Eleanor arms herself with the one weapon that will make Henry notice her as a woman—her inner siren.
Review
I downloaded this book onto my iphone because it was free.  I had never ever read anything by Sabrina Jeffries before this one.  
I found myself getting into this story.  A dowdy wife to the future Prime Minister is living in financial splendor but her husband doesn't even notice her until a French Maid comes into their lives. 
The story is interesting and the characters in the story are interesting but the book is only 30 pages long.  YES!  As soon as I got into the story, it was over.  Just like that!  That is why this review is so short too!
It would be really interesting to find out more about the French Maid who came to save the day and what happened to Lady Eleanor and her husband after she left.  Did she leave?  Did she stay?  And where did she come from?  There are way too many questions.
If there was more to the story and a few questions answered, then it could be a better book.  I think I will be checking out another (full) book by Sabrina Jeffries to see if I have found a new author to love.
Recommendations
I recommend this book to adults due to some sexual content.
Challenges
This book is number on my 13 Goodreads Challenges
Did you read this book?  What did you think of it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment