My Little Pocketbooks: Review: Linger   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Monday, May 14, 2012

Review: Linger



Linger
Genre: YA (Werewolf)
Series:  The Wolves of Mercy Falls (Book 2)
Publisher:  Scholastic Audio
Release Date: July 1, 2010
Audio book: 10 hours and 43 minutes
Narrator:  Jenna Lamia
Source: Purchased at Audible.com
Buy the Book:  Amazon


Book Description
The astonishing #1 New York Times bestselling novel!
the longing.
Once Grace and Sam have found each other, they know they must fight to stay together. For Sam, this means a reckoning with his werewolf past. For Grace, it means facing a future that is less and less certain.
the loss.
Into their world comes a new wolf named Cole, whose past is full of hurt and danger. He is wrestling with his own demons, embracing the life of a wolf while denying the ties of a human.
the linger.
For Grace, Sam, and Cole, life is a constant struggle between two forces--wolf and human--with love baring its two sides as well. It is harrowing and euphoric, freeing and entrapping, enticing and alarming. As their world falls apart, love is what lingers. But will it be enough?
 Review
I bet you are wondering why I went ahead and listened to the second book in the series after I didn't give Shiver a great review.  Basically, I bought the whole series at one time so I kinda feel like I have to.  So needless to say there will be one more review for Forever next.  
 If you have not read the first book, from here on is a spoiler.  I don't know how to talk about the second book in a series without a spoiler or two.
**WARNING SPOILER ALERT**   
The relationship between Grace and Sam doesn't really take on any new depth.  I mean they sleep together in the first book at her parents house.  There was no mention of anything deeper or greater happening between the two until Grace runs away.  Of course she ends up at his house.  But the one thing that BUGGED me beyond belief was...*arghh* If your girlfriend the love of your life is ill, sick, pale, feverish, not herself why in the heck does it take you over 60% of the book to say something.  She was coughing up blood for goodness sake.  And Sam just ignores it.  He has wolf senses and knows she smells..odd.  But nope!  He just goes on writing poems, songs, making paper cranes and working at the bookstore.  REALLY!!!  Don't worry there is more.  There is a new character in this book.  Cole!  He is a Kurt Korbain self deprecating drugy rock star.  Did I mention Sam ignores him too?  How can you ignore a new person living in your house?  And a messy person at that.
Sam, Grace's boyfriend seems like he has his head in the clouds and is not a strong male character at all.  He never makes any decision at all in the book and that is toooo pointless for me to handle.  As in the first book Olivia, Grace's BFF is also in this one and for a BFF Grace never talks or thinks about her until it's to late.  AARRGHH!!!  Why even mention her then?
I think I might have liked the book better if I would have read it myself.  Their whispery, low tones became annoying toward the end of the book.  As in the first book Jenna (narrator) shines and has the perfect voice.
One more book to go.  Fingers crossed!   
Recommendation
I would recommend this book to teenagers and older.
Challenges
This book is number 9 in my Audio Book Challenge
This book is number 15 in my 2012 Goodreads Challenge
Other Books in the Series
Did you read or listen to this book?  What did you think of it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment