My Little Pocketbooks: TGIF #17 ~Supporting Characters~   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Friday, May 11, 2012

TGIF #17 ~Supporting Characters~

I decided to join a weekly meme called TGIF.  I kept seeing the button on top of so many sites, so I wanted to join in too.
This feature is for Fridays to re-cap the week's posts and to answer the proposed question from Ginger at GReads.  Check her out and join in the fun!
 This Friday's Question
Supporting Characters: We tend to gush over those main characters the most, but what about those supporting roles? Who are some of your favorites? 
My Answer
Of course Harry Potter's sidekicks came to mind the minute I read this.   Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger are the best supporting characters to the point they can have a series just to themselves.  Honestly, who wouldn't read the Hermione Chronicles.  It could be just her school journal of all the craziness she puts up with from the boys.  There could be a book for each year and one for the summer vacations.  But knowing Hermione she would be studying all summer long. 
I have been on a Harry Potter kick lately.  It just seems to be the answer to all life's questions.  LOL!!!
There is another supporting character I like too!  As I look over to my bookshelf...Past the stack of TBR books...Past the non-fiction books...The Story of Beautiful Girl sits there.  I just finished reading and review it.  The supporting character in this book is Martha.  She has a big supporting role as the newly appointed caretaker of a new baby girl.  I think I like her because for her age and retirement status she feels she needs to take care of the baby and go into hiding.  Most widowed women that have retired and are living alone would not just pack up one day and leave everything behind to take care of an abandoned child.  Martha's got some guts!  
 Who are some of your favorite supporting characters?

Weekly Recap

No comments:

Post a Comment