My Little Pocketbooks: TGIF #19 ~Show Me Your Cover~   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Friday, May 25, 2012

TGIF #19 ~Show Me Your Cover~

I decided to join a weekly meme called TGIF.  I kept seeing the button on top of so many sites, so I wanted to join in too.
This feature is for Fridays to re-cap the week's posts and to answer the proposed question from Ginger at GReads.  Check her out and join in the fun!
 This Friday's Question
Show Me Your Cover: What are some of the worst book covers, but hold some of the best stories inside? Don't be embarrassed, show us your cover!

My Answer
There are only two that come to mind right now.  That is a good thing because I really judge books by there covers.  I know that you are not suppose to but I do!  The cover of the book is so important to attracting the readers.  Why would you want to grab an ugly book of the bookstore shelf when it is sitting right next to a pretty one?  You would only do it if you know the author or the title is familiar.  Otherwise it's all about the pretties!  Here is one cover that is in my library that needs some help.
 (Sorry about the resolution)
Do I need to say more?  What is that?  A woman?  A man?  A wolf with great knees?  And what is up with the half building?  
What are some book covers that  are not so pretty to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment