My Little Pocketbooks: Armchair BEA ~Introductions~   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Armchair BEA ~Introductions~

It is currently 9:43pm and I have to be in bed by 10:00pm because my alarm is going to go off at 4:30am for another work day.  And what am I doing?  Signing up to join Armchair BEA.  Yep!  You know I wanted to be there soooo bad.  I just could not get a hotel room for under $300.00 a night.  Yes!  $300.00.  With a round trip ticket from LA and the 3 night stay I was planning to do.  I just could not do it on the rent check.  (If you know what I mean.)  So I am going to Armchair it instead.  Sorry if there are no proper sentences and links below.  I am trying to get to bed on time.  :)
There are a few things on the check list I have to do first:
1.  Sign up
2.  Blogger Survey
3.  Button on sidebar
4.  Introductions:  Link this post and then visit the other bloggers on the Linky
  1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?  My name is Alysia and I am a bookworm/shopaholic/geeky chic.  I have been blogging on this blog for 6 months and on Mocha Girls Read for 9 months.  It really feels like longer.  LOL!  I started a book club and found out about blogging from all the book club research I was doing.  I started this one mainly for tracking my personal reading challenges and joining in all the memes.  They looked like fun! 
  2. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?  Currently, I am reading The Concubine Saga by Lloyd Lofthouse and I am listening to 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami on audio.  So far my favorite books this year are Beauty Queens by Libba Bray and The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. 
  3. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.  Hmm.  That I have a cool job.  I work as a coordinator for the construction dept of two ABC family shows.  They have to be nameless or else.  A few of the guys are bookworms too!
  4. What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)? I am loving the new meme Sunday Best.  I like tooting my horn at the same time giving a little shout out to other bloggers out there.
  5. Where do you see your blog in five years?  Oh man!!  I hope this blog is still going and maybe pulling in a small income to cover the cost of giveaways and stuff.  I would love to start giving away pricey purses soon too! 
  6. Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read? I love my 40th Birthday Giveaway post a the moment because it was my first attempt at a Vlog and I was surprised at how easy it was.  Kinda!  Still a work in progress.  But I am most proud of the Black History Month-Long Hop I so-hosted on my other site with Alexis at Reflections of a Bookaholic.  I am so thrilled it worked and so many people participated in it.  Next year?  I hope so!  (hint)
  7. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why? Anne Rice!  I love her Vampire books.  She is the queen of great Vampire stories.  I think I would not be able to eat.  LOL!
  8. What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?  Hogwarts!!!  I would love to be a student at Hogwarts for a year.  It would be just too cool to go to Herbology class, participate in a Quittich game and just hang out there.  I would just love that!!!  Ohh and trying butter beer too!
  9. What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?  I love the new friends I have made through book blogging.  I love the sister (and some brotha) hood here.  Everyone is so loving, helpful and get to chat with. 
  10. Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How?  I have added more YA to my TBR then before.  So far I am not 100% sold on some of them.  I have been reading more based on hype and less on like.  That is going to change back soon.  I am finding that I am missing reading just because too!

No comments:

Post a Comment