My Little Pocketbooks: Armchair BEA Networking   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Armchair BEA Networking

Design credit: Nina of Nina Reads
Welcome to  Day 3 at Armchair BEA.  Since I couldn't make it to New York this year I am going to try to participate in as many Armchair BEA activities as much as possible.  

Esowon Bookstore
Today, we are sharing our positive experiences of using our blog to get involved in our community.  This post will be kinda backwards and out of order so hold on.  (It's late!)  I first started a book club based blog called Mocha Girls Read.  Once the blog was up and running I found a local independent bookstore to hold monthly meetings at.  EsoWon Bookstore is the best!  I love them.  They are a black independently owned and operated bookstore in Los Angeles.  One of the few.  Since our first meeting there we have built a great relationship.  Not only do they host our monthly book club meetings but they also provide books for giveaways, a 15% discount to all book club members and stay open a little bit later if our chatting gets lengthy.  You can image that happens a lot with a bunch of bookish women!  We in turn attend their book signings and I chat them up on Mocha Girls Read blog and this one too!  I love them.  If you would like to join us, please go to Meetup.com and RSVP for a book club meeting.  I look forward to seeing you there!
Mocha Girls after a book club meeting
Check them out!
Twitter: @esowon
Address: 4327 Degnan Blvd. LA.  90008
Phone:  (323) 290-1048
Email:  jmfugate@msn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment