My Little Pocketbooks: Review: Forever   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Monday, June 18, 2012

Review: Forever

Forever
Genre: YA (Werewolf)
Series:  The Wolves of Mercy Falls (Book 3)
Publisher:  Scholastic Audio
Release Date: July 12, 2011
Audio book: 12 hours and 16 minutes
Source: Purchased at Audible.com 
Buy the Book:  Amazon
Book Description
In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.  The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stiefvater.
Review
First let me say that the only reason I am reviewing this after not liking Linger is...I bought the series at one time.  And you know what!!  As much as I didn't like Linger (gave it one star) I was pleasantly surprised that Forever was so much better.  
In this book Sam and Grace are together (well kinda) and now they have a to save the other wolves and themselves from hunters.  With the mass hunting date approaching it brings a new urgency to the characters.
Like in all the other books I did not like Sam at all!  What is the point in having a main male character that never makes a decision, creates songs and sings when stressed, and makes origami cranes with every piece of paper he runs across.  MAN UP!!  Sam has no qualities of the knight in shining armor coming to save the day at all.  He is so sappy that it makes him weak.  Every single decision he has to make is made for him by someone else.  Whereas Grace is a strong character that has a very strong opinion about everything except her weak boyfriend.  She is always pushing him, protecting him, and helping him. 
Jenna Lamia (narrator) as always pulls off a great read of Grace and I would have loved to have her read Isabelle's part as well.  She did a wonderful job!  She did not read the book but became  part of the book.  
The only reason I like this book better than Linger is the element of the hunters coming after the wolves.  For some reason that part of the book got me caught up in the story.  Finally!  I wasn't second guessing what was going on.  I wasn't hating on Sam and the story was really interesting.  The hunt of the wolves was well written and the author made it real.  But it took a long long while to get there.
This is the best book out of the three in the series by far. 
Recommendation
 I recommend this book to teenagers and older
Challenges
This book is number 10 in my Audio Book Challenge
This book is number 11 in my 2012 Goodreads Challenge
Other Books in the Series
Did you read or listen to this book?  What did you think of it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment