My Little Pocketbooks: Why I Love Wednesday #21   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Why I Love Wednesday #21

Alexis from Reflections of a Bookaholic started a Wednesday Meme called Why I Love Wednesday. Hop on over to Alexis' blog and join in the fun.  Since I have been to busy to keep up with this meme, I decided to borrow Jade from Sort of Beautiful idea and do one post for the month.  I am not stealing the idea ya'll!  I asked her ahead of time.  :)  And I will be going my TGIF post the same way too.

Favorite Characters

There are several characters in a few books that I love.  Of course there is Harry from Book One of Harry Potter.  But I have just completed the Bloodshot audiobook by Cherie Priest.  I really like her main character Raylene Pendle (AKA Cheshire Red).  What is it about Raylene tha I love?  Well, she is a vampire, and she is not your typical vampire.  Raylene  is a world-renowned thief that is a lone wolf who is very funny.  She thinks like a modern woman not your typical Euro-Anne Rice kind.  Love her!

Favorite Book Worlds

Did I mention how much I love the world of Harry Potter?  Yes!  I know there has got to be a better answer out there somewhere.  But honestly...Hogwarts...The Ministry of Magic...Three Broomsticks Inn.  That is a completely amazing world that any and everyone wants to go to.  I can't think of another place (that I have read) that even comes close to Harry Potter's world.  I mean they even made it a real theme park.  

 Favorite Series 

I love a great series.  Once you have fallen in love with a character it is so soul satisfying to have anyone book waiting for you when you finish. Here is my series list:
 I have just finished book one (out of two) with the Bloodshot series.  
I did all three books in the Wolves of Mercy Falls Series (meh!)
Completed all the Harry Potter books (of course). 
 I have one more book to do in Hunger Game series (I know! I know!)
I did only book one in Fifty Shades of Grey series (meh!)
 I read Sisters of Traveling books years ago.
And of course I read all the Twilight and Interview with a Vampire books (and I was sucked into them all)
But the honor of favorite series goes to...
The Elm Creek Quilt Series

I read Cross Country Quilters first and I have no idea what made it me pick up from the library. Once I got into the story behind the women at the Quilting Camp I feel in love. I have no idea where this book falls in the series but I was hooked. I don't know how many I have read.  I started read quilting magazines and I thought about starting to take up quilting because of these books.  LOL!  I am really thinking about getting back into this series.

Favorite Book Scene

Hmmm..  There are so many great scenes and I have to tell you that I suck at remembering them in detail once I finish a book.  This one is really really hard.  Hmm.... Thinking....Ok Let me go over to the book stack and look real quick...Ok Got it!!
I reviewed this book awhile ago, Kevin's Point of View.  And I have to day this book has some great scenes.With two boys on the run from a killer, who are later joined by a pizza delivery guy, a big sister and the killers rouge assistant, how can there not be great scenes?  I have to say that I can't pull just one but as the chase ensues throughout the book the humor and mayhem are great!

What are some of your favorite characters?  Do you have a favorite book world you would like to visit?  What is your favorite book series?  Any favorite book scene you want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment