My Little Pocketbooks: Fitness Friday #1: New Year New Me   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Friday, January 4, 2013

Fitness Friday #1: New Year New Me

Hosted by Jill @ jillconyers.com
I know what you are thinking. "Alysia this is not a fitness/running healthy girl blog! What is this non-sense?" But wait! Let me just say... I am not changing over from a Book blogger (and purses) to a Fitness blogger. I just wanna share with you my NEW fitness life.  Yes!  Life as in lifestyle.  I am doing it and I'm going to go big.  As I mentioned in previous post, I have been on the fitness track since July 31, 2012.  And as I am finding out, it is ever evolving and morphing.  I just thought I would share.
What is Fitness Friday?
If you blog and/or have a Facebook Page about health/fitness, want to learn more about diet, exercise, nutrition, setting goals or if you just want to meet new people and find new health and fitness focused blogs, then join me for Fitness Friday!
FF has been great way to meet new friends and find new health and fitness blogs. People have shared their endless encouragement for reaching fitness goals and support for days that I’ve lacked motivation or have fallen into a rut. Without Fitness Friday I wouldn’t have 13 other ladies joining me this year to run 12 half marathons in 2012. Through Fitness Friday I met my running coach, learned how to prepare my new favorite breakfast, overnight oats and have planned blogger meet-ups at running events.
Want to join in on the fun? 
Simple create a health, fitness and/or nutrition blog post and link up on any (and every!) Friday you choose. Make sure you add the FF button to your post and/or sidebar [this will allow your readers to join in on the fun too!]. 
What is Fitness Friday about?
Celebrating the one thing we all have in common. A passion and commitment for living a healthy lifestyle.
It’s about sharing progress and successes. Not perfection.
Celebrate fitness. Celebrate good health. Celebrate friends. Celebrate fun.
Link up and check out the great health and fitness blogs for inspiration, motivation, tasty recipes and stories of determination and accomplishments!
So why am I doing all of this.
Well, on July 31, 2012 I went to do my yearly physical with the "Now you are 40!" extras.  I had blood work done, an EKG, as well as the well woman exams (you know what I mean) and every single thing turned out PERFECT!  Blood work...PERFECT!   EKG...PERFECT!  Well woman exam...PERFECT!
Well almost everything!  My weight (BMI and Body Fat) were a hot mess.  The numbers were not looking good and my doctor made sure I knew it!  Dr. Watson proceed to read me up and down about not eating better and for not exercising at all.  Did I mention my doctor (Dr. Watson) had just lost 10 + pounds with her personal trainer?  So I had no excuses and I started that day to make some changes.
START
Date:  July 31, 2012
Weight: 215lbs. (after fasting)
All other numbers (blood work) are NORMAL
Dress size: 18/20 (more 20 than 18)
Body Fat: 45.5%

TODAY 
Date: January 3, 2012
Weight: 190 lbs (at the end of the day)
Dress Size:  12/14
Body Fat: 37.5%

Worked Out: 4 days this week

Over the holidays, I did not exercise since I was traveling from California to Texas visiting family.  And I ate like I was a 16 year old boy trying out for the high school football team.  It was a mess!  But I have to say "Thank you sweet baby Jesus!" I only gained 2 lbs.  Wheww!  I was afraid I was going to have to buy new stretchy pants for the flight home. 

Tuesday was training with my full time Trainer Chris.  (1 hour)
-Ran 5 minutes straight without stopping. 
I didn't check my distance
Wednesday was training with my new part time Trainer Melvin (1 hour)
-Ran/Walk 30 minutes on the treadmill. 
Distance: 1.76 miles
Thursday was training with a fill in Trainer Gabriel (1 hour)
-Ran/Walk 30 minutes on the treadmill. 
Distance: 2 miles
Friday (today) is all me on the treadmill and training on my own.
Saturday and Sunday are rest days.

I just signed up for my first 5k.
This is a part of my New Years Resolutions (which I am still working on).  On February 2, 2013 I will be running the Los Angeles Color Run at Dodger Stadium.  I think this is the perfect first running event.  I have always wanted to run in some way, shape or form but if it wasn't for 3 female co-workers joining me in this, I might not be doing it!  I am excited!  My first 5k!  We formed a team too!  Guess the team name?
TEAM REEL DIVAS!!!  
Since we all work on the same TV show it seemed to be the perfect name for us.  I am already checking out another 5k to join after this one.  Maybe in March.

Since this whole thing is new to me...workout and running... I have ran across so many new blogs and websites to help, encourage, and inspire.
As you can see there is a new widget under my profile on the side bar.  That one is called Dailymile and it is like part Twitter, Facebook, and Training logs.  I love it. 
fitness apps

Now I can keep track of my progress. (And the progress of others!)

And of course...Check out Jill's informational blog about Fitness, Health and Happiness
Have an amazing weekend everyone.
INSPIRATION IMAGE FOR THIS WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment