My Little Pocketbooks: Woven Pocketbooks   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Woven Pocketbooks


A couple of days ago, I stopped by one of my favorite online stores DSW to do a little online window shopping and was greeted with this headline.  The Trend? WOVEN.  I am not a trend follower 100%  More like 60% or a trendsetter but when did woven bags come back in to trend and when did they go out of trend.  I can't remember a time when they were not on some ladies shoulder somewhere.  So I did a little more online window shopping and found a few things to support my point.

There is a website just dedicated to woven handbagsand they have been up and running since 2009.  WovenPurses.com

...And a woven clutch has been spotted on the red carpet this year. 

Emily Blunt who played Sara in the movie Looper has a woven clutch at the 18th Annual Critics Choice Movie Awards in January 10, 2013

In January 2010, Bagsnob.com posted this Coco Chanel "Coco Country" Bag after Karl Lagerfield's runway show.  By the way this bag is was selling for a whooping $5,400 at select Chanel Boutiques.
 
And remember this 1970's classic.....

So like I said...when did woven purses go in style and when was it out of style?   I'm just saying!  I am now going to go to my purse collection and find out if I was in trend.  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment