My Little Pocketbooks: Book Blogger Love-A-Thon 2013: Interview   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Friday, February 22, 2013

Book Blogger Love-A-Thon 2013: Interview

 
Love is in the air
Love is on the net
Love is everywhere!

Today, join a bunch of book bloggers as we spend the day celebrating book blogging, book bloggers and book blogs all over the world.  Just to keep you posted on the fun stuff that is planned for today, I am going to the schedule (in EST)! See below to find out what awesome activities are in store. 
12 A.M. 
It's time for a welcome post! Katelyn & I will be introducing a list of all the participating blogs for the 2013 Love-A-Thon. You should schedule your interview swaps to go live at this time. If you missed the deadline to sign up for an interview partner, that's okay - you can use this time to share a little bit about you and your blog!
Hey everyone.  I know it is crazy late/early but I wanted to introduce you all to a NEW book blogger on the block.  I am thrilled to introduce to you all to Akansha Blogger at Along the Road.

Me:  Welcome to My Little Pocketbooks Akansha.  Tell us about yourself.  
Akansha:  I am Akansha, 17 yr old from India . My name signifes a wish that you have belived in and held onto for quite a time . I have read over 600 novels  and still  have an undying passion to read more . I am published poet and aspire to become a quantum physicist.


 Me:  600 novels!  WOW!  And you are only 17!  WOW!  Where did you get your blog name?
Akansha:  I was working on initial manuscript of my book where life going perfectly can be seen as a highway and then suddenly it takes a detour. Somehow it's always a road, one where we have come from and one where we must take forward.  My Blog name - ALONG THE ROAD - via fog and sun through books.

Me:  I love that.  What made you start book blogging?
Akansha: I had some heavy  stuff going on in my life and it was eating me up.  I loved blogging as I had a poem blog before and then I thought of channelizing my energy for a good cause and what's better, then blogging for what you love the most??   So here I am ,with a book blog just a month old!
Me:  What an excellent outlet!  What kinds of books do you like to read, Akansha?
Akansha: Genre- YA, New Adult, Mystery, Thriller, Chicklit, Romance, Biography and Autobiography.  I love reading particularly about heavy issues -abuse, rape, death, child fostering and so more.  I don't care for genre as long as I am enjoying reading!
Me:  We have that in common.  I like to read all genres.  As long as it's a good book.  What is your favorite book this year? 
Akansha:  Since it's just beginning of year I can't say for 2013! But for 2012 it's - 
 
There are those who don’t get luck handed to them on a shiny platter, who end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, who don’t get saved.
Luck was not on Callie’s side the day of her twelfth birthday when everything was stolen from her. After it’s all over, she locks up her feelings and vows never to tell anyone what happened. Six years later her painful past consumes her life and most days it’s a struggle just to breathe.
For as long as Kayden can remember, suffering in silence was the only way to survive life. As long as he did what he was told, everything was okay. One night, after making a terrible mistake, it seems like his life might be over. Luck was on his side, though, when Callie coincidentally is in the right place at the right time and saves him.
Now he can’t stop thinking about the girl he saw at school, but never really knew. When he ends up at the same college as Callie, he does everything he can to try to get to know her. But Callie is reserved and closed off. The more he tries to be part of her life, the more he realizes Callie might need to be saved.
(New Adult Contemporary) **Mature Content** Recommended for ages 17+ due to sexual situations and language.
 
Due to heavy subject matter and sexual content, this book is recommended for mature readers.
Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies...
That's what Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she's never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past she wishes could just stay buried.
Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he's nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn't at all who he's been claiming to be. When the secrets he's been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky's life will change forever.
Recommended for mature readers due to sexual content and heavy subject matter involving abuse.
 Emma’s struggle with an abusive home life came to a heart pounding conclusion in the final chapters of "Reason to Breathe". Now everyone in Weslyn knows Emma’s secret, but Carol can’t hurt Emma anymore. Some are still haunted by the horror of that night, and some must face the repercussions of their choices. Fans of Rebecca Donovan’s debut novel will discover there’s still much to learn about Emma’s life.
If Coley Sterling’s best friend would stop hating her, if her dance-team captains would lighten up, if her friends would stop asking her about Reece, the geeky sax player she’s crushing on—then her life would be perfect. Right? After all, Coley’s stepdad is a successful attorney who gives Coley and her siblings everything, and her mother will stop at nothing to keep them all happy and safe—including having escaped ten years ago from the abuse of Coley’s real father.
     But Coley is keeping a lot of secrets. She won’t admit—not even to herself—that her almost-perfect life is her own carefully crafted façade. Now, Coley and Reece are getting closer, and a decade’s worth of Coley’s lies are on the verge of unraveling—along with the life she thought she knew.

Me:  Mac?  PC?
Akansha: More of Notebook- Aspire One

Me:  E-book?  Real Book?  Audiobook?
Akansha: Ebook- has appreciatively increased my reading speed
Me:  What is your all time favorite time and place to read?
Akansha: Cuddled up in my bed at night after finishing all homework and when everyone's asleep, so I could enjoy few hours of pure bliss.

Me:  Since I talk about purses on my blog as well...What purse are you carrying now?
Akansha: It's more of a clutch ,with denim covering and pink strap for locking up.  Have attached an image of it as attachment, though sorry if it's not the best shot since I had to take it with my inbuilt webcame.
Me:  I love clutches right now too!  Name 4 things in your purse.
Akansha: Along with some bucks - a small comb, my emergency credit card, an extra rubber band for any eve when my hair come undone and then small paper slips containing daily important to-do list! 

Thank you so much Akansha for hanging out with us today.  I hope you have a faboulous first year of book blogging and I will be stopping by your blog to comment and visit.  From LA to India!  Book blogging is spreading love today!
Stop by Ankansha's Blog today 

No comments:

Post a Comment