My Little Pocketbooks: Dewey's Read-A-Thon 2013: Wrap Up   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Dewey's Read-A-Thon 2013: Wrap Up


 
That's A Wrap! 
The April 2013 Dewey's Read-A-Thon is over!
It's 11:09 am Sunday morning and after finally waking up and cleaning up my mess in the kitchen, I am really happy about my read-a-thon.  Even though I went to bed around 11pm (Hour 19)
So here is my wrap up:
Which hour was most daunting for you?  After hour 19 I was dying and just went to bed.  Nothing seemed to help me either.  I think I will do better in October as long as I have enough sleep the week before.  Sleeping well before the read-a-thon matters. 

Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?  Wonder by R. J. Palacio was great and if you know Sophie Kinsella then you know that everything she writes is light, funny and always a great read. 

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?  This was the best year I think by far.  Excellent job everyone.  It really showed that you guys read the wrap post and take ever comment into consideration.  Wait...I have one comment.  More diversity in books, topics would be great! 

What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?  Everything!! 

How many books did you read? 2 (I read 1/2 of other one and about 60 pages of another)

What were the names of the books you read?  I finished Wonder by R.J. Palacio and Can You Keep A Secret? by Sophie Kinsella. 
 Which book did you enjoy most?  They were both equally interesting and fun 

Which did you enjoy least?  Nothing!  It was great! 

If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?  They did a great job this year! 

How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?  I will be back in October and forever.  I will be donating books to and I would love to do a mini-challenge as well but earlier.  Like pre-hour 15.  LOL! 

Click here to see the 

How did you do on your Read-A-Thon goals?  Did you stay up all 24 hours?  Or crash like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment