My Little Pocketbooks: Audiobook Week: My Top Picks   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Audiobook Week: My Top Picks

One of my favorite weeks started yesterday to my surprise.  (Kinda.  It was on my calendar)  It's Audiobook Week!  Why do I love it so?  Well, last year was my first time and I found out about some great audiobooks from other bloggers and I won The Shoemaker's Wife (in audiobook form of course.)  This week is so cool because it validates audiobooks and gives you a behind the scenes look at the making of audiobooks too! 

All this week I will be participating in Audiobook Week with Devourofbooks.  What is Audiobook Week all about?  Mostly, us book bloggers talk about all things Audiobooks.  The good, the bad and the ugly.  All of it.  If you are new to audiobooks or never, ever listen to one this is your week.  Hop on over to Devourofbooks.com to see more information about this week, to get the button and to check out all the blogs participating this year. 

Monday Topic
 Are you new to audiobooks in the last year? Have you been listening to them forever but discovered something new this year? Favorite titles? New times/places to listen? This is your chance to introduce yourself and your general listening experience.
I am not new to audiobooks as my Library shows.  I have about 50/50 in my reading list from last year and I think audiobooks will take over more this year.  Maybe 60/40.  I think the busier I get the more I listen to audiobooks.  Mostly I listen to them on my long (one hour) commute to work every day Monday through Friday and sometimes on the weekends if I am driving a lot.  I have noticed I am completely one hundred percent selfish with my audiobooks.  If some one gets in my car I will not let the audiobook play.  Nope.  I will turn on the radio and let them play DJ.  But no way are we listening to MY audiobook.  LOL!  Don't ask!  Because I can't explain it at all.  I just don't know what comes over me.  Call it selfish!  I will give you an audiobook but not until I finish it.  
Now onto the list.  My favorite audiobooks from 2012 - 2013

Children's Audiobook
 Wonder by R. J. Palacio (Review)

YA Audiobook
 The Fault in Our Stars (Review)
 
Humor Audiobook
 Beauty Queens by Libba Bray (Review)

Historical Audiobook
The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom (Review)

Non-Fiction Audiobook
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks (Review)

Paranormal Audiobook
Hellbent by Cherie Priest (Review)

As you can see this year there are only three (Wonder, The Fault in Our Stars and The Kitchen House) audiobooks (so far) that have received top honors.  Don't get me wrong the other audiobooks are great but these are the best in their genre.  In my humble opinion. 

What are some of your top audiobooks from this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment