My Little Pocketbooks: June and July 2013: Wrap Up   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

June and July 2013: Wrap Up

Reaction GIF: don't know, Mia Talerico
I Don't Knoww!
Honest, I was just blogging on a regular and the next thing I know...*sigh*... 2.5 months have past and...I Don't Know!  I just forgot?  No!  Wasn't in the mood?  Maybe!  Busy?  Yes.  I'll use that one.  My time management skills went on vacation.
For the past week I have been playing catch up with post and reviews.  *sigh* So many reviews to do.  As of right now I have 3 done and 4 more to go.  And yes! I have started an audiobook today.  I am really hoping to knock them out...SOON!  
I have a sheet of paper sitting here next to me with a list of post I have to do.  Here is the run down.
Spine Speak (The hosting blog is gone)
Winners of June Giveaway
Audiobook Week Giveaway 
YA Giveaway
BEA Part 2
BEA Part 3 (In draft form)
June Wrap Up (Here it is)
July Wrap Up (Here it is)
What I Am Listening To
What I Am Reading
Fitness Friday
Incomplete Series (In draft form)
I Love This!
Sunday Best
Book Blogger Hop
Mini-Bloggiesta (Missed it)
Bout of Books (Missed it)
Reviews: Gone Girl, A House Divided, The Man in 3B (Working on it now), Soulless, The Mysterious Howling, Letter from a Birmingham Jail, and Angel Time
As you can see I am slowwwwly getting things checked off my list. At one time I had 15 post scheduled.  The good ol' days.
OK!  Now back to the wrap up.  This based 100% on my shotty memory.  
 
June was Audiobook Month and I participated in Audiobook Week with Devourer of Books.
audiobookweekbutton zpsdb6e126c picture

July come and went and I didn't post a single thing.
  June and July I bought
  1 books. (A total of 6 book so far this year.  Audiobooks and e-books don't count since they don't take up space on my bookcase.)
 Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga Reviews where we all can link up our post about the new books in our lives.  I also add my new pocketbooks too!

From Mysterious Galaxy Bookstore
Marriage can be a real killer.
   One of the most critically acclaimed suspense writers of our time, New York Times bestseller Gillian Flynn takes that statement to its darkest place in this unputdownable masterpiece about a marriage gone terribly, terribly wrong. The Chicago Tribune proclaimed that her work “draws you in and keeps you reading with the force of a pure but nasty addiction.” Gone Girl’s toxic mix of sharp-edged wit and deliciously chilling prose creates a nerve-fraying thriller that confounds you at every turn.
   On a warm summer morning in North Carthage, Missouri, it is Nick and Amy Dunne’s fifth wedding anniversary. Presents are being wrapped and reservations are being made when Nick’s clever and beautiful wife disappears from their rented McMansion on the Mississippi River. Husband-of-the-Year Nick isn’t doing himself any favors with cringe-worthy daydreams about the slope and shape of his wife’s head, but passages from Amy's diary reveal the alpha-girl perfectionist could have put anyone dangerously on edge. Under mounting pressure from the police and the media—as well as Amy’s fiercely doting parents—the town golden boy parades an endless series of lies, deceits, and inappropriate behavior. Nick is oddly evasive, and he’s definitely bitter—but is he really a killer?
   As the cops close in, every couple in town is soon wondering how well they know the one that they love. With his twin sister, Margo, at his side, Nick stands by his innocence. Trouble is, if Nick didn’t do it, where is that beautiful wife? And what was in that silvery gift box hidden in the back of her bedroom closet?
   With her razor-sharp writing and trademark psychological insight, Gillian Flynn delivers a fast-paced, devilishly dark, and ingeniously plotted thriller that confirms her status as one of the hottest writers around.
This was June's Book of the Month from Mocha Girls Read.
From Audible.com
Most of these audiobooks I purchase to listen to in the car and when I got home I would pick up the physical book I had on my shelf.  Ok!  All but 2. (Click the book covers to go to Amazon  and read more about them)



 From Audiobooksync.com 
I downloaded these audiobooks during Audiobook Week free from Audiobooksync.com (Click on the covers to read more about them)




Wheew!  I think I am going to have to put a hold on my audiobook purchases.  Soon I will have just as many audiobooks as physical books. 
Review Recap 
Review: Angelology
Review: The Kitchen House 
Review: Free - The Past and Future of a Radical Price 
Pocketbook Post 
I Love This! Kate Spade

Number of books completed
(I have to clarify what I mean by completed.  Read. Reviewed. Posted Review = Complete)
 Blogging Book Events
 I did the daily memes during the week but I did not have the chance to visit other blogs participating in Audiobook Week.  It made me feel like I was on the outside of the event since I was not 100% involved.   
Audiobook Week: My Top Picks
Audiobook Week: How to Pick 
Audiobook Week: Mid-Week Meme
Audiobook Week: Task 
Audiobook Week: Finds

The blog hosting Spine Speak (bookmarktoblog.blogspot.com) has disappeared.  I have no idea what happened.  It's just...GONE!
Reading Challenge Updates
 
 Here is a June and July Wrap Up of the number of books read and reviewed for the 11 Reading Challenges I signed up for.   
Off The Shelves Reading Challenge - 1 book
 Audiobook Reading Challenge - 2 audiobooks    
Anne Rice Reading Challenge - 0 books    
Books by Women Reading Challenge - 2 books   
TBR Pile Reading Challenge - 1 books    
2013 Resolutions Reading Challenge - 0 resolutions    
Dusty Bookshelf Reading Challenge - 1 books    
Historical Fiction Reading Challenge - 1 book   
Variety Genre Reading Challenge - 1 book   
Good Reads Reading Challenge - 3 books    
Reading Challenge Addict - 1 challenge
 
As of the end of July I have 2 out of 11 challenges completed!
 Ok!  I think I am getting closer and closer to getting caught up on my post from June and July.  Since I missed your post and events ...
 
How did you do for the months of June and July?

No comments:

Post a Comment