My Little Pocketbooks: R.earders I.mbibing P.eril viii   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Thursday, August 29, 2013

R.earders I.mbibing P.eril viii

RIP8main300 

I ran across this reading challenge while I was reading Vasilly's blog (1330v) today.  She posted her reading goals and as I was thinking about it, I realized I have a few books on my bookshelf that would fit perfectly.  I have to get back to reading more books off of my bookshelf because one, I have to many unread books here.  And two, it's part of my New Year's Resolution.  

What is the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril VIII Challenge all about?  This reading challenge starts September 1 and ends October 31.  You can pick any level but your reads/tv shows/movies have to be from these genres
Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.
Or anything sufficiently moody that shares a kinship with the above. That is what embodies the stories, written and visual, that we celebrate with the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril event.
Two simple rules:
1. Have fun reading (and watching).
2. Share that fun with others.

The level I am going to aim for is 
rip8peril2nd 
Peril the Second:  Read two books of any length that you believe fit within the R.I.P. categories.

Books to Read


I know my book club will be selecting a book for the month of October that will fit perfectly into this challenge as well.  So I hope actually have three books done by the end of this challenge.  Maybe four.  I have the audiobook and the paperback of The Good House by Tananarive Due ready and waiting.  

What scary books are you going to read?  Are you joining in on the scary fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment