My Little Pocketbooks: Book Blogger Hop: The Blogging Beginnings & First Line   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Friday, September 6, 2013

Book Blogger Hop: The Blogging Beginnings & First Line

 
Hosted by Coffee Addicted Writer   
TGIF!!
Welcome everyone to another post of Book Blogger Hop (hosted by Coffee Addicted Writer).   This meme is cool because you can post any day of the week.  That's right no pressure on getting your post up a specific day of the week.  Each week there will be a new topic submit by a blogger and everyone can join in with their answers.  You should join us!
 
This weeks Topic/Question
September 6th - September 12th: What got you started as a blogger? Everyone has a story/reason, what's yours? (submitted by Judy)
My Answer
Ok!  You ready!  It's kinda but not very long.
First, about 2 years ago I started a book club called Mocha Girls Read.  
I did a few weeks of researching online about book clubs.  When I was getting the blog for the book club together I keep coming up with various book blogs on my Google search.  Before that moment I never, ever heard of a book blog or book bloggers.  Not even Goodreads.  I was just a book reader that never thought about the Internet and books together except for buying them.  So a year of blogging on the Mocha Girls Read book blog caused me to start my own blog because I wanted to talk about my books.  The books on my bookshelf and I wanted to do things like this.  Meme's about me and my book life.  I just added purses here and there
1.  Because I love them
2.  To be different
3.  Why not?

So that's my story!  What's yours?  How did you get into blogging? 
 

First Lines Friday is a bookish meme hosted by Literary Marie of Precision Reviews. I encourage all of my fellow book bloggers and bookhearts to play along.
  • Grab your current read(s).
  • Share the first line(s).
  • Include the title and author.
"Serene was a word you could put to Brooklyn, New York.  Especially in the summer of 1912.  Somber, as a word, was better.  But it did not apply to Williamsburg, Brooklyn."
~ A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment