My Little Pocketbooks: Book Blogger Hop: Goosebumps and First Lines Friday   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Friday, October 4, 2013

Book Blogger Hop: Goosebumps and First Lines Friday

 
 TGIF!! TGIF!! TGIF!!

Welcome everyone to another post of Book Blogger Hop (hosted by Coffee Addicted Writer).  Hey everyone Billy got a new blog design and button for this weekly meme.  Go to his blog and check out the nice layout he his sporting.  This meme is cool because you can post any day of the week.  That's right no pressure on getting your post up a specific day of the week.  Each week there will be a new topic submit by a blogger and everyone can join in with their answers.  You should join us!
  
This weeks Topic/Question
October 4th -10th: Halloween Edition: What book gave you goosebumps? 

My Answer
This year is my first time particpating in the R.I.P. VIII Challenge with Stainless Steel Dropping.  This reading challenge is all about the scare factor and I am easily scared.  But I went for the big one first. I saw a horror movie the other day.  Yes!  I know right.  I hate horror movies and so do most women that live alone.  Anyways I saw Insidious Chapter 2.  (Review coming soon) and I was reading Anna Dressed in Blood (review coming soon) that week.  The movie is 100% scarier than the book.  Now I am doing a Stephen King audiobook called Riding The Bullet (first line below).  It's a short one and scary.
When I finish reading The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice I will be done with the scary books.  I will have to put the others on hold until next year.  I thought it would be fun to read the scary stuff in October but I am going to cause my self to have nightmares.  I am already looking over my shoulder every time I hear something.  Lord!  My nerves!!

What book are you reading that is giving you goosebumps?
 
First Lines Friday is a bookish meme hosted by Literary Marie of Precision Reviews. I encourage all of my fellow book bloggers and bookhearts to play along.

Grab your current read(s).
Share the first line(s).
Include the title and author.
"I've never told anyone this story, and never thought I would - not because I was afraid of being disbelieved, exactly, but because I was ashamed...and because it was mine."
-Riding the Bullet by Stephen King

No comments:

Post a Comment