My Little Pocketbooks: Book Blogger Hop: Memes Away & Let's Talk Author Love   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Friday, November 1, 2013

Book Blogger Hop: Memes Away & Let's Talk Author Love


Hosted by Coffee Addicted Writer

I'm BAAACKK!!  (hopefully) and TGIF ya'll!
Welcome everyone to another post of Book Blogger Hop (hosted by Coffee Addicted Writer).  Each week there will be a new topic submit by a blogger and everyone can join in with their answers. You should join us!  It's fun!

This weeks Topic/Question
November 1st - 7th: When you are out of town, do you still participate in weekly memes or do you have your post scheduled to appear on your blog and perhaps check back? Or do you not participate at all? (submitted by Elizabeth)

My Answer
When I go out of town or even if I know I am going to have a busy weekend, I will try my best to schedule my post ahead of time.  This does not always work out.   Because life gets in the way and makes a mess of good intentions.  Then when the post goes live, I will try and link it up with my iphone or do it later.  Like when I get back from my vacation.  VACATIONNN!!! *dreamy voice*  Awww I miss those.  Anyways, like I was saying...I try to do things ahead of time but....I try!!

What do you do when your away? 
This month I will be joining a new meme.  This one is called Let's Talk hosted by I Swim For Oceans.  Every Friday there is a conversation prompt for bloggers to talk about on their blogs.  Go to the blog and join in on the conversation.

November 1 Topic - Do you ever read books simply because they're from an author you love, rather than because of the book itself?

Well of course I do. :) Anne Rice is one author I have read and loved.  Her vampire series is one of my favorite book series and now I am reading other books by her just because it's Anne Rice.  I have read 5 books not in the vampire series and I am not so in love with them.  But since Anne Rice has given me way more good than bad I will always be on her Team. 

The Wolf Gift (review coming soon)

Still the vampire books are so much better. 
I think most people do the same thing too.  If you have a book, author, genre, narrator you click with then why not stay with them as long as you can.  Try everything they have and see what you will find. 

So tell me, do you ever read books simply from an author you love rather than because of the book itself?  Be honest!  We are all friends here.

No comments:

Post a Comment