My Little Pocketbooks: Book Blogger Hop: Book Reviews and Let's Talk Book Cover Trends.   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Book Blogger Hop: Book Reviews and Let's Talk Book Cover Trends.


Hosted by Coffee Addicted Writer

I'm BAAACKK!!  And yes I know I usually posted this on Friday.  I am trying my best to take a minute and get a few post caught up.  So happy Sunday!

Welcome everyone to another post of Book Blogger Hop (hosted by Coffee Addicted Writer).  Each week there will be a new topic submit by a blogger and everyone can join in with their answers. You should join us!  It's fun!

This weeks Topic/Question 
November 8th - 14th:  Do you post your book reviews as soon as you have completed the book or do you wait a few days? (submitted by Elizabeth)
My Answer
In a perfect universe and in my head the answer would be 
OF COURSE I DO!  
Hhahahaa!
But we all know the right answer to that question.  I would love to be able to have the time to sit down and write a review the minute (or even the same day) I finish a book.  If I could do that then I would have more time to post other things and I wouldn't have this monkey on my back.
Currently, I have *sigh* 5 (soon to be 6) books to review and *bigger sigh* 7 mini reviews to do as well.  
 
Do you review a book the minute/ day your done reading it?
http://www.iswimforoceans.org 
This month and maybe next month, I will be joining a new meme.  This one is called Let's Talk hosted by I Swim For Oceans.  Every Friday there is a conversation prompt for bloggers to talk about on their blogs.  Go to the blog and join in on the conversation.
 
November 8 Topic - What cover trend would you like to see continued in the coming year? Is there anything you hope is discontinued in 2014?
  
I have noticed a few trends here and there lately that are getting on my nerves.  Not really bad but more like nails on a chalkboard in the next room.  Why is everyone kissing?  I mean there are so many other creative things for a couple to do besides kissing.  What does that really have to do with the story anyways.  I mean just because there is a love interest in the story doesn't mean they need to have an extreme close up of the couple kissing on the cover.   I am kinda over it!  I mean even the historial romance book cover couples don't actually kiss.  They might ...but they don't.
 
KISSING COVERS
I hope book covers stay fun, creative and beautiful.  The trends that I love the most are fun fonts and patterns.  I love patterns on book covers so much.  Wallpaper patterns especially!  
Those seem to make me buy them without knowing the storyline.  
 
FUN FONTS
 
PRETTY PATTERNS

What book cover trends are you so over?

No comments:

Post a Comment