My Little Pocketbooks: #BookBlogWalkers Update   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

#BookBlogWalkers Update

Book Blog Walkers 2014 Large #BookBlogWalkers
#BookBlogWalkers

I signed up awhile ago to join this 30 min a day walking challenge.  I know I was suppose to post my weekly updates on Friday but....I was lazy.  No not about walking.  Just posting.  

What is #BookBlogwalkers about?  Read this excerpt from Geeky Blogger Book Bag.
UPDATED: To reflect year long change!
Book Blog Walkers Unite! Book Blog Walkers is BACK
Alright! Here we go again. I am going to get a little fitness orientated for the month of
January2014. I thought it would be super cool if we could get a group together to keep each other on track again! Let’s start Jan with one small goal that could build a good foundation for the rest of the year.
  • For the month of Jan 2014 I will be following the hashtag #bookblogwalkers on both Facebook and Twitter! If you decide to play along then just use that hashtag!
  • Every Sunday in Jan I will be doing a shout out to all the blogs that participated (even if you do one day–you deserve to be recognized) on Twitter. Figure it will be fun to see who is getting their walk on!
  • At the end of the month, I will put all the participants names in a hat and giveaway a book of your choice from Amazon/Book Depository up to a $10 value.
As you can see it's all about getting to that universal resolution of losing weight.  Now come on, don't tell me you didn't add weight lost to your resolution list.  OK!  Fine!  It was just me then.
Moving on....
I have been walking Monday through Friday with my co-worker Hilary.  Now it's almost a full month and the two of us are walking up to twice a day.  In the beginning we would time ourselves on how fast we can get through the course we set for ourselves. 
Yep from 16 minutes to 15minutes and 35 seconds.  
Now we don't time the walk, we just walk at a good pace to keep our heart rate up. Once before lunch and once after.  
If we do our 2 walks a day then we easily hit our FitBit goal of 10,000 steps a day.  The walk alone is about 2,000 steps.
 From my FitBit App.
We are even adding drinking water into our daily accountability to each other.  I think Richard our boss is sick of us yelling out the number of bottles we consume (and always running to the bathroom) 
Gif from Never Say Never
Now let's talk about Saturday and Sunday.....
umm.....
well....
Gif from Soda Head




I am really going to try this weekend and get some walking/running in. No really I will.

So how are you doing on your fitness goals?  Are you joining the #BookBlogWalkers challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment