My Little Pocketbooks: Thoughtful Thrusday: What Draws You into a Book?   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thoughtful Thrusday: What Draws You into a Book?

http://www.readingisfunagain.com/p/blog-page_20.html
Hosted by Reading Is Fun Again
Pam over at Reading Is Fun Again (great blog name) started the new meme to get a few thoughts on a few bookish things.  You know how much I love sharing my thoughts/opinions on stuff I thought it would be perfect to add my two cents in too!
I created Thoughtful Thursday, because bookish thoughts kept popping up in my mind while reading, and I wanted to explore these questions and get your opinions too! -From Reading Is Fun Again

Today's Thoughtful Thursday Question

Does anything besides the text (and price) draw you into a book? Some books have covers that glow-in-the-dark. Some books have different colored text to differentiate POV characters. Some books have drawings intermixed with the text.

My Thoughts

The number one thing that draws me into a book is PRICE!  I have no idea why but PRICE is number one.  (I'm cheap)  I always start book shopping at the clearance tables when I go into a Barnes and Nobles.  Always!
But once I am done shopping the cheap seats area, I move though the store like a normal book buying person and then WHAM!  I get hit by the pretty cover.  I know! I know! I am not suppose to judge a book by it's cover but..... I can't help it!  I do!  100%!
Covers get me all the time.
I have literally bought several tons of books based on price and cover cuteness without knowing anything at all about the story or the author.  Nothing!  
When I get the new book home, I will then read the synopsis.  I love surprises and that is my little bookish surprise.  I do this with movies too!
What?!  You have never gone to a movie without knowing anything about it?  Without reading the reviews?  It's so much fun that way.  No hype.  No expectations.  No anticipation.  Just enjoying what you see in front of you. 
For books you get to read without hype.  That's why I don't read reviews of books I have not read yet.  I know it's strange/odd but..That's me. 
 Price and Cover!  Done!  LOL!

What about you?  What draws you to a book?  Besides Price?  Add your two cents to today's Thoughtful Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment