My Little Pocketbooks: February 2014: Wrap Up   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

February 2014: Wrap Up

March is here and so are a few days of rain.  To me rain, blankets, hot drinks and books belong together.  You can't have one without the other.  But on my day off to enjoy all of these things the rain has stopped.  Figures.  It's LA so rain days are few and far between.  It would have been nice.  February as usual was quick and I am now caught up on my reading, reviewing and posting of books but not other stuff.  I am aiming for some blog resolution completion this month.  

By the way I should have my black girl card revoked because I forgot to mention a ton of great Black History Month books and events last month.  Just to keep myself cool with the Black community I have to shout out The Brown Bookshelf.  Every year, during the month of February the blog features an African American Author every single day called "28 Days Later".  It's a great feature and I encourage all of you to check it out.  Most of the authors write children and YA books.  So it is a great resource to add diversity on your (and your kids) bookshelves.  

Now on to my February wrap up...
February Blog Stats: I posted 27 blog post
1 book bought this year
Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga Reviews where we all can link up our post about the new and shiny books in our lives. I also add my new pocketbooks too!

~ Bought From Audible~  

 
Can you believe all of these audiobooks were free?  I couldn't help myself and I helped myself to everything Audible.com was giving away last month.  EVERYTHING!

Free: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty by James Thurber

~ From the Library ~ 

~ Bought ~

Guilt by Association by Marcia Clark  
I bought this book in hardcover and when it didn't show up in time I downloaded the audiobook from my local e-library.

~ New Pocketbooks ~

 I got this little studded black clutch because I attended the Art Directors Guild Award Dinner and I didn't have a basic black red carpet clutch.  I got this one from a mall boutique called Sugar for $30.00.  I wasn't looking for a designer bag just something cute and big enough for my basics and for something I can use with anything at all. Not sure who made it since there is no label on the inside.  Here are a few links to other black studded clutches that look similar.  

I have had the black and white work bag for awhile and it was beginning to show some wear and tear.  Since I was flying to Dallas and was only going to take a few things I wanted to get a carry on that would convert to my new work bag.  I saw this one over the holidays at Marshall's on the Clearance rack.  Oh course I went straight to Marshall's and viola she was still there.  Waiting for me.  Yes the bag was still marked down.  I only paid $35.00 for this GUESS carry-on.  I love it and everyone compliments me on it.  GUESS has come along way and I love where they are now. 

Review Recap

Favorite Book 

http://littlepocketbooks.blogspot.com/2014/02/review-night-circus.html

Number of Books Completed

I have to clarify what I mean by completed. Read + Reviewed + Posted Review = Complete
  4

  Pocketbook Post 

I Love This! Box Clutches

Book Blogging Events

This is a great event that I enjoy taking part in every year.  This year due to a death in the family I didn't get to participate as much as I wanted to.  But check out the links to the fun that was had by all.
Book Blogger Love-A-Thon: Mini Challenges
Book Blogger Love-A-Thon 2014

Write On Review-a-Thon
This was a new book blogging event hosted by The Book Vixen.  I love "A-Thon" and this one is solely dedicated to completing reviews.  Not just books are allowed.  Movie reviews, product reviews and anything you want to write a review on.  Here are my Write on Review-a-Thon post.
 At this very moment, I have no, ZERO books waiting to be reviewed.  NADA!  I have to read and finish books now.  I have two books I am currently reading and I think I will do a short story over the weekend.  I need a few days off from work and a read-a-thon.
So how did February go for you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment