My Little Pocketbooks: Thoughtful Thursday: The Best Bookish Change   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Friday, April 18, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday: The Best Bookish Change


Hosted by Reading Is Fun Again

Pam over at Reading Is Fun Again started this meme to get a book blogger thoughts on a few bookish things. You know how much I love sharing my thoughts/opinions on stuff, so I thought it would be perfect to add my two cents in too! Stop by her blog and join in on the Thoughtful meme.
I created Thoughtful Thursday, because bookish thoughts kept popping up in my mind while reading, and I wanted to explore these questions and get your opinions too! -From Reading Is Fun Again

Thoughtful Thursday Question

What is one of the best changes in the literary/book world that you have noticed, since you have begun reading? What makes this change so great for you?

My Answer

I think the best thing that has happened in the literary world is the digitizing of every single book on the planet.  A.K.A. E-books. Regardless of your stand on e-books vs. paper books the availability of books to people not in an area where there is access to literature, now have the chance to read new and old books.  For me this is AMAZINGLY! WONDERFUL!  When I was traveling for several years I had to make a strong and relentless effort to find books in English.  I would trade books with other travelers or if I was in luck I would find a bookstore with an English section.  When I did the book prices (to me) where twice as much as the local language books, so I would only buy one or two at a time.  Cause when you are traveling money is sacred.  If I had had my iPad then I would have (one) saved tons of money and (two) would have read so many more books.
For me now...that I am home in the U.S....having an e-libary on my iPad is the bees knees.  I love it!  It has helped me with my reading challenges too.  How you ask?
Well, I am on a book buying ban this year and that means only 12 new books a year. One a month.  How would you complete 10 book series in a year without buying a book.  Yep!  The library.  But the e-libary is right here at my finger tips.  
I love you OVERDRIVE!!!

What is one of the best changes in the book world that you have noticed, since you have begun reading? What makes this change so great for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment