My Little Pocketbooks: Thoughtful Thursday: The Done Pile   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday: The Done Pile


Hosted by Reading Is Fun Again

Pam over at Reading Is Fun Again started this meme to get a book blogger thoughts on a few bookish things. You know how much I love sharing my thoughts/opinions on stuff, so I thought it would be perfect to add my two cents in too! Stop by her blog and join in on the Thoughtful meme.
I created Thoughtful Thursday, because bookish thoughts kept popping up in my mind while reading, and I wanted to explore these questions and get your opinions too! -From Reading Is Fun Again

Thoughtful Thursday Question

What do you do with the books that you have read? Do you keep them? Donate them? Gift them? Return them to the library? Throw them away? Make them into arts & crafts projects? Has this changed during the years? Have you noticed a change in your perspective regarding read books?

My Answer

After I read a book there is a step by step process that happens to it and the answers determine the future of the book.  Ready
1.  Did I like the book?  
Yes.  Keep it.  Go to the picture below.
Kinda.  Maybe.   Go to number 2
No.  Donate it 

2.  Was it signed by the author?
Yes.  Keep it.  Go to the picture below.
No.  Donate it 

3.  Was it a book club book of the month?
Yes.  Keep it.  Go to the picture below.
No.  Donate it if you hated it.

Donation books go to Book Club Sip and Swap.  This is a bi-monthly event we have were everyone brings up to 5 books and we exchange them.  All the left overs are brought to the next Sip and Swap.  This year I am going to donate the remaining books to a women's shelter.  

Keep books go to the bottom right hand boxes.  The Done Pile.
The other boxes on my shelf are for books I have to get to.
Just a quick snap shot.  No photoshop!

Since I started blogging I go less and less to the library because there are just so many books coming in my mailbox (thanks BEA13) that make going to the library pointless.  At one time this bookcase was only for book I read and wanted to keep along with other stuff (like art).

What do you do with a finished read?

No comments:

Post a Comment