My Little Pocketbooks: Thoughtful Thursday: Series Type   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday: Series Type


Hosted by Reading Is Fun Again

Pam over at Reading Is Fun Again started this meme to get a book blogger thoughts on a few bookish things. You know how much I love sharing my thoughts/opinions on stuff, so I thought it would be perfect to add my two cents in too! Stop by her blog and join in on the Thoughtful meme.
I created Thoughtful Thursday, because bookish thoughts kept popping up in my mind while reading, and I wanted to explore these questions and get your opinions too! -From Reading Is Fun Again

Thoughtful Thursday Question

There are lots of different types of series. For example, there are series that are just one long story (e.g., The Lord of the Rings), there are series that follow a character on a set of different adventures (e.g., The Dresden Files and The Sookie Stackhouse novels), and there are series that are a collection of stand alone novels all within the same universe (e.g., Star Wars Universe). What is your favorite type of series?

My Answer

 For the past 4 months I have been focusing on reducing my unfinished series pile of 19 to something much more manageable.  Right now my favorite type of series are the ones that follow one character or a few of the same charters over a period of time.  I love reading about one character and seeing them grow, learn and become a better person at the end of the series.  Or get their happily ever after.

What about you, what kind of series do you like to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment