My Little Pocketbooks: 2014 Half Year Reading Challenge Stats   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

2014 Half Year Reading Challenge Stats

Can you believe it's July already?  I feel like we were just chatting about all the reading challenges we were going to sign up for and all the others we wanted to sign up for but didn't.  Now it's 7 months later and I thought I would be in better shape with all the reading challenges I signed up for than I am at the moment.  

I purposely picked these challenges and levels so I wouldn't put to much pressure on myself this year.  Well....what happened to that plan?  I don't know!  I thought by now I would have completed over half of them.  

I am not throwing in the towel yet!  I have a game plan and it's all about crossing as many challenges as possible.  

Here are my stats as of today with the 12..yes 12 reading challenges I signed up for.

photo credit: Old Books by Petr Kratochvil
Level:  Making Waves: 1-2 Challenged Books
*Bless me Ultima by Rudolfo Anaya
 *Siddhartha by Herman Hesse
 
I plan on reading one more book for this challenge because the book club will select a Banned Book for September's book of the month.  
 
 
More than likely I will have a few more books for this challenge completed before the end of the year.   Doing 3 books in a series really helped out.
 

As of today I have just three out of 12 reading challenges completed.  Here are the almost done ones.

http://www.literaryescapism.com/new-author-challenge/new-author-challenge-2014
Level: 15 New to me Authors 
 
Just one more and I'm done! I am currently reading Attachments by Rainbow Rowell and this will be complete once I post that review since she is a new author to me.
 
http://teresasreadingcorner.com/
Level: Married (Listen to more than 25 Audio Books)
*Redshirts by John Scalzi 
*Lowcountry Spirit by Anne Hite 
*Guilt by Association by Marcia Clark 
 *Siddhartha by Herman Hesse  
 *Hidden Gallery, The (The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place #2) 
*The Dream Thieves 
*The Unseen Guest 
*Returned, The by Jason Mott 
*Dark Sons by Nikki Grimes 
*Bluish by Virginia Hamilton
*The Transfer by Veronica Roth
*Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
*Wolves of Midwinter, The by Anne Rice
*This Bitter Earth by Bernice McFadden
*Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor 
*Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
*Golem's Eye, The by Johnathan Stroud
*A Wanted Woman by Eric Jerome Dickey     
 
 3 more and I am done with this reading challenge!  I am planning on adding Attachments by Rainbow Rowell (currently listening to), Is Everyone Hanging Out without Me? by Mindy Kaling (up next) and The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty (just finished) to this list and then I am done with this reading challenge.

Now here is the list of reading challenges I need to really, really focus on.
 
 I just finished reading number 9 for this challenge.  Sigh.  I have 6 more to go!
 
 
I am at the half way point on this one and I have just completed a book too!  Review coming soon!

 
 This is another one at the half way point and I have the same book to review for this one.  7 out of 12!  Just need to get on this one too!
 
2014TBRbutton
My 12 Books Are (I hope)
1.  Legend by Marie Lu
2.  Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
3.  Nine Lives of Christmas by Sheila Roberts
4. ARC The Barbarian Nurseries by Hector Tobar
5.  ARC Under Shifting Glass by Nicky Singer
6.  Remember Me? By Sophie Kinsella
 7.   Strategic Planning for Love and War by Johnson
8. Fire Baptized by Kenya Wright
9.  The Aloha Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini
10.  Cinder by Marissa Meyer
11. 7:33am by Monda Raquel Webb
12.   Illusions by Chantilly Chanel Austin (for review)
With alternates from this list (Here

AARGHH!!! I only finished 3 out of 12 so far on this reading challenge.  ARGHH!!! This one is killing me and I have no idea why.  If I read the book listed then I will complete the other challenges with zero effort.  ZERO!  
*sigh*
 
http://www.escapewithdollycas.com/challenges-2/2014-alphabet-soup-reading-challenge/
Level:  N/A
 
Letters I am missing are E I J K M P Q V X Y Z.  I have M and Z in my reading queue right now.  So that means I am missing 9 letters.  
 
Last but not least, my own reading challenge.

http://littlepocketbooks.blogspot.com/2013/12/diversity-on-shelf-2014.html
 Host:  My Little Pocketbooks (me)
Level:  4th Shelf (19 - 24 books)
 
YES!!!  I know! I know!  I am sucking at my own reading challenge.  And I have no idea why?  I have 7 books in my reading queue and DNF (aka the night stand) that would put me back on track for this one.  *Sigh*  I just need to get to them.  All of them.  
 
Here is my Goodreads Status which is not to bad for July.
https://www.goodreads.com/
So how are you doing on your reading challenges so far? How many have you completed?  Am I the only one sucking at their own reading challenge?  How are you doing on your Goodreds Reading Challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment