My Little Pocketbooks: Thoughtful Thursday: Book Swag   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday: Book Swag


Hosted by Reading Is Fun Again

Pam over at Reading Is Fun Again started this meme to get a book blogger thoughts on a few bookish things. You know how much I love sharing my thoughts/opinions on stuff, so I thought it would be perfect to add my two cents in too! Stop by her blog and join in on the Thoughtful meme.
I created Thoughtful Thursday, because bookish thoughts kept popping up in my mind while reading, and I wanted to explore these questions and get your opinions too! -From Reading Is Fun Again

Thoughtful Thursday Question

August 28: Does book swag inspire you to give the book a try?

My Answer

Book Swag.  I never even heard of it until I started book blogging.  No really!  All the book-markers, notebooks, t-shirts, candy and cards were completely new to me three years ago.  Now I have a bag full of swag that I try and giveaway.  Mostly I add a handful of swag from my swag bag to all the giveaway books I mail out.  The goal is to empty the bag by December because a new year means new swag.
But that is not the direct answer to this weeks question.  That would be...Nope not at all.  The swag is cute to look at and for some play with, then I am done. I am not inspired, influenced, or persuaded at all from the adorable book swag.  I think I must not have gotten anything over the top exciting. 
But I can see how others would be inspired by them.
Mostly I love to get swag from a book I read and loved.  No swag before the book.  If I read a book and really loved it, found it life changing, quote it all day everyday then...swag me up!  But other than that, nope.  No swag please.

What about you?  Does book swag inspire you to give the book a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment