My Little Pocketbooks: November 2014 Reading Queue   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

November 2014 Reading Queue

 Reading Queue is a meme hosted by Book Tasty and Books: A True Story
I know it has been months and months since I posted my reading queue.  I have been slacking so much.  But today is the day!  Yes!  The day to get myself into gear.
So here we are in November and I am trying my best to complete the reading challenges I signed up for.  There is one that I think I will not be able to complete.  The Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge hosted by  Escape with Dollycas Into a Good Book is going to stump me.  I think I have about 10 books to go to make that one happen.  I could cramp 10 books in two months but I have to work and do other things in the next two months.  I think I will make about 3 to 5 more books for that challenge.  But the other ones are golden.  Thank God I signed up for the ones I can do easily.  LOL! 
Oh and my TBR Pile Reading challenge is suffering as well.  DANG!
As I said last month, I am saying again this month.  I didn't get to read as much as I wanted to this month.  I did knock another book off my DNF list.  YEAH.  Now I have 2 or 3 more to go.
What is the reading queue all about?
Reading Queue is a monthly meme where you share what books you plan to read for the month. You can hop to other blogs and see what others are reading and maybe find someone reading the same thing as you! Or you can ask for people to vote on what you should read next if you can’t decide.

So here is what I have lined up for the month of November.

Book Club Pick for November
http://amzn.to/101qJjV
Americanah: ANovel by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
One of The New York Times's Ten Best Books of the Year
Winner of the National Book Critics Circle Award for Fiction
An NPR "Great Reads" Book, a Chicago Tribune Best Book, a Washington Post Notable Book, a Seattle Times Best Book, an Entertainment Weekly Top Fiction Book, a Newsday Top 10 Book, and a Goodreads Best of the Year pick.

A powerful, tender story of race and identity by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, the award-winning author of Half of a Yellow Sun.
Ifemelu and Obinze are young and in love when they depart military-ruled Nigeria for the West. Beautiful, self-assured Ifemelu heads for America, where despite her academic success, she is forced to grapple with what it means to be black for the first time. Quiet, thoughtful Obinze had hoped to join her, but with post-9/11 America closed to him, he instead plunges into a dangerous, undocumented life in London. Fifteen years later, they reunite in a newly democratic Nigeria, and reignite their passion—for each other and for their homeland.

From My DNF Pile
http://amzn.to/1q0gaEk 
The Aloha Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini

I have been saying I am going to finish this book. This month I really am going to finish it. Promise! I hope.  I will try my best at least.
I have my eyes on a few books for the missing letters from The Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge.  The letters I am missing right now are E (maybe I will read Ender's Game), J, K, P, Q, V, X, Y (Yes, Chef is looking good).   I wonder if there are some good kid books I could read to finish this.  Hmm!!!  I really don't want to read a book #1 of a series. I am really trying to complete a few series I have going on now.

Currently Listening To
http://amzn.to/108d8Hj
Her Dark Curiosity by Megan Shepherd

So what are you reading for the month of November?

No comments:

Post a Comment