My Little Pocketbooks: Sunday Delight: Read-a-thons Update   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday Delight: Read-a-thons Update

Happy Sunday Everyone!

How are you doing on your month long read-a-thons?  Have you finished a few books?  I am doing two month long read-a-thons.  One, March Madness hosted by Cedar Station and the other one is TBR Pile Read-a-Thon hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer.

Books Finished
~ *The Buddha in the Attic (audiobook)
~ *1-900-Anytime (hardcover)
I'll Be Home for Christmas (e-book)
~ *Strange Fruit: Vol 1(graphic novel)
~ Dave the Potter (hardcover)
~ Nino Westles the World (hardcover)
Frida (hardcover)
Loogie the Booger Genie (paperback)
*El Deafo (graphic novel)
~ Time to Pray by Maha Addasi (hardcover)
*Tales of the Talented Tenth: Vol 1 (paperback)
Loogie:The Booger Genie (paperback)
*How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents (e-book)

Currently Reading
*Blue Lily, Lily Blue (audiobook)

* = books over 100 pages for TBR pile read-a-thon
~ = book review written

Here and Now

Time: 9:51 am
Drinking: Green tea with lemon and honey
Eating: Oatmeal with Raisins and Honey
 Listening To: Gospel Radio on Pandora
Watching: Nothing

  Fitness Goal

Starting Weight: 211lbs (12/8/14)
Current Weight: 205
Days Worked Out: 2

My Bookish Stuff

 Reading: Not sure yet.  Still deciding. The Lowlands?
 Listening To: Lily Blue, Blue Lily by Maggie Stiefvater
On my ipad:  How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents by Julia Alverez
 Next Read: The Adventures of Awkward Black Girl by Issa Rae
Up Coming Review: The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness

New to my Bookshelf
 Top down

I haven't been to the library in a few years and I went last week to get a few Children's Book for a post I am working on for next month.  I have NEVER walked into the children's section in my local library.  Sad but true.  I don't have kids and I was never looking for kids books.  But I had such fun! in there and got a few great books and graphic novels.  I think I will be adding more children books and graphic novels to my reading this year.  I finished this stack and I am going to go get a few more (stacks).  Reviews to come soon too.

Second trip (sorry the picture is not to clear)
Top down

My Favorite Blog Post from Me

Something Old Something New #2
10 Books for Readers Who Would Like More Diversity

Favorite Book Blogging Events and Links

Here are a few things I ran across this week from other book bloggers and just around the blogiverse.  Click on the buttons to check out the events as well.

~ Diversity Stuff ~
Teach Mentor Texts posted "The One Where I Need Diverse Books #sol15. I love seeing the teachers are addressing the issue. 
"2015 SCBWI Europolitan Con: Author & Diversity Advocate Marieke Nijkamp" was posted on Cynsations blog this week as well.  There is a great list of links, news and giveaways there as well. 
This is an older post but... Finding Wonderland posted "Cybils Finalists for Black History Month"
Book Riot also gives you a short list of "YA Books with Diverse Teen Duos"

 ~ Other Stuff ~ 
Mostly Book Obsessed lets you know "It's OK to Like Books Your Friends Don't Hate"


Du Livres posted a great post about her "Favorite Love Interest Qualites."
  The Book Wheel posted a list of books about the crazies.  "Yikes! 10 Books Abut Sociopaths"

Into the Hall of books is a new to me blog and there is a funny (because I can relate) post called "Making Bloggy Mistakes Like A Book Blogger" you should check out.

The Book Nympho takes a minute to talk about "TBR: The Joy of Reading" 

Book Riot introduced me to a new app in "What the Frick:Thoughts on the Clean Reader App" 


 
Sign Ups are Open

What new and interesting blog post have you run across this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment