My Little Pocketbooks: April 2015 Reading Queue   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

April 2015 Reading Queue

 Reading Queue is a meme hosted by Book Tasty and Books: A True Story.
Welcome to the Reading Queue. 
Last month was by far the best reading month I have had in a long time.  Being off from work and having a minimum of one hour reading time every single day put me over my 4 books a month quota.  And participating in not one but two read-a-thons helped a lot too.  Check out my reading stack for the month on March after you see what I plan on reading for April.  Not as many as March since my vacation is over. *insert sad face*
What is the reading queue all about?
Reading Queue is a monthly meme where you share what books you plan to read for the month. You can hop to other blogs and see what others are reading and maybe find someone reading the same thing as you! Or you can ask for people to vote on what you should read next if you can’t decide.

So here is what I have lined up for the month of April. (Click the covers to go to the books Amazon page.)
Book Club Book of the Month
http://amzn.to/1xhfiEe
Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqeline Woodson
Jacqueline Woodson, one of today's finest writers, tells the moving story of her childhood in mesmerizing verse.

Raised in South Carolina and New York, Woodson always felt halfway home in each place. In vivid poems, she shares what it was like to grow up as an African American in the 1960s and 1970s, living with the remnants of Jim Crow and her growing awareness of the Civil Rights movement. Touching and powerful, each poem is both accessible and emotionally charged, each line a glimpse into a child’s soul as she searches for her place in the world. Woodson’s eloquent poetry also reflects the joy of finding her voice through writing stories, despite the fact that she struggled with reading as a child. Her love of stories inspired her and stayed with her, creating the first sparks of the gifted writer she was to become.


Audiobook in the Car
http://amzn.to/1GMRdHB
Paper Towns by John Green
I got the audiobook from BEA14? or 13.  I love that this comes in one disc.

Trying to Finish a DNF book from Last Year
http://amzn.to/1IweeO0
Wrapped in Rainbows by Valarie Boyd
I am ready to revisit this book and knock out a few more chapters from this chunkster.

Going to Complete the Series
http://amzn.to/1BMIHlc
Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James
If you don't know I am on a quest to complete several of the incomplete series I have on my list.  This is one of many.  I read the first book a few years ago, now it's time for book #2 and #3.

Books Completed Last Month
~ *The Buddha in the Attic (audiobook)
~ *1-900-Anytime (hardcover)
I'll Be Home for Christmas (e-book)
~ *Strange Fruit: Vol 1(graphic novel)
~ Dave the Potter (hardcover)
~ Nino Wrestles the World (hardcover)
~ Frida (hardcover)
~ *El Deafo (graphic novel)
~ Time to Pray by Maha Addasi (hardcover)
~ *Tales of the Talented Tenth: Vol 1 (paperback)
~ Loogie:The Booger Genie (paperback)
~ *How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents (e-book)
~ Where There's Smoke (e-book)
~ *The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl (audiobook)
*Blue Lily, Lily Blue (audiobook)
*The Lowlands (hardcover)
*When the Emperor Was Divine(audiobook)

Currently Reading
No Way Out (e-book)
Paper Towns (audiobook)

* = books over 100 pages for TBR pile read-a-thon
~ = book review written

I am still a bit overwhelmed at how many books I read last month.  Now I know how some of you book bloggers do it when you complete 100 book in a year.  I would hit 100 as well if I didn't have a job and I could dedicate one to two hours a day just to reading.  God that would be amazing!!

So what is one your reading queue for this month? 

No comments:

Post a Comment