My Little Pocketbooks: Book Blogger Hop: A Bound Galley   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Friday, April 10, 2015

Book Blogger Hop: A Bound Galley

Hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer
 
What is Book Blogger Hop all about?
Each week the host at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted writer will prompt a new topic submit by a blogger and everyone can join in with their answers. You should join us! It's quite fun!  No really it is!

This Weeks Topic/Question

April 10th - 16th -  Have you ever received a bound galley from a publisher for review? What did you think about it? Were you surprised at anything? (submitted by Elizabeth)

My Answer

I've received bound galleys (ARC's) from publishers for review.  At the time I was thrilled that I was getting a book in the mail from a publisher and/or an author.  I was so excited and I treated it like it was a special present from a close relative.  But now I am not so thrilled to get them.  I have too many books now to keep up with and there are so many out there that I want to buy.  So I have been in the business of giving them away to people who will read them and review them.  There are just so many out there, what's a girl to do?
But I do miss a good cover and I miss reading the synopsis on the book.  Those are the two things that draw me into a book.  So when one shows up missing those two things I am so not interested in reading the book.  

What about you?

 Have you ever received a bound galley from a publisher for review? What did you think about it? Were you surprised at anything? 

No comments:

Post a Comment