My Little Pocketbooks: Quicky Review #29: Loogie and I'll Be Home for Christmas   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Quicky Review #29: Loogie and I'll Be Home for Christmas

Welcome back to another Quicky Review everyone.
A lot of the time I like to read short stories, prequels and free audiobooks that are short and sweet.  But why do a full review on a book that is say... 100 pages long.  I do Quicky Reviews for the shorties and children books as well.  Basically, the short stories get short reviews.
Here are just a few sentences on one children's book and a free e-book from last month.
There are other Quicky Reviews for you to check out too and don't worry there will be more to come. I like short stories because most of them are FREE and I can get in and out of one in no time.

Previous Quicky Review
 
http://amzn.to/1xnqqQd

Author: N.E. Castle
 Genre: Children's Book
Age Range: 10 - 12 years old
Release Date: November 16, 2012
Paperback: 100 pages
 Source: Free from BEA14
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GGBE1NY

 Book Description

 Prince Loogar is a snobbish brat who played one too many pranks. To punish him, the king's wizard cast a spell that locked the prince in a pea-sized bottle for hundreds of years. Charlie found the pea and now Loogie is stuck in Charlie's nose. Together, they fumble through adventures as they try to break the wizard's spell and set Loogie free.

My Thoughts

This book was a bit odd.  Some kid books are gross and funny to help young readers and this is one of them.  I didn't find anything really great about this book.  It was just ok.  Maybe a 10 year would like it better.  
http://amzn.to/1I95Xzv
Author: Zane
 Genre: Short Story
Publisher: Atria Books
Release Date: November 20, 2012
E-book: 23 pages
 Source: Free from iBooks
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GGBE1NY

Book Description

 I’ll Be Home for Christmas is a moving story that reminds us of the true meaning of Christmas.
Noelle Mitchell never explained why she abruptly ran away from home at the age of fifteen. All anyone knew was that her boyfriend, Reno, convinced her to abandon her family. But when she shows up at the family house on Christmas thirteen years later, what’s revealed about her absence will either tear her family further apart or bring them closer together.

My Thoughts  

This was a really short story that started off really good then just ended.  All the small family issues were fixed in one sentence and that was it.  I would have liked maybe another 23 pages and more information and a bit more drama.  A bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment