My Little Pocketbooks: May 2015 Reading Queue   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

May 2015 Reading Queue

 Reading Queue is a meme hosted by Book Tasty and Books: A True Story.
Welcome to the Reading Queue. 
Well!  
I am back to my slow reading pace of 4 books a month.  LOL!  
I kinda got hooked on a iPad game called 2048.  OMG!  If you remember I quit playing Candy Crush for one year so that I can read more.  Well........ 2048 is my new crack!  What does this have to do with my reading queue for May?  I'm telling you this so you won't be disappointed when you see the short list of books I have planned to read this month.  More or less I am giving you a heads up.  
But I will (try to) quit 2048 at when I get back from BEA15.
What is the reading queue all about?
Reading Queue is a monthly meme where you share what books you plan to read for the month. You can hop to other blogs and see what others are reading and maybe find someone reading the same thing as you! Or you can ask for people to vote on what you should read next if you can’t decide.

So here is what I have lined up for the month of May. (Click the covers to go to the books Amazon page.)
Book Club Book of the Month

The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
This first novel in Alexander McCall Smith’s widely acclaimed The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series tells the story of the delightfully cunning and enormously engaging Precious Ramotswe, who is drawn to her profession to “help people with problems in their lives.” Immediately upon setting up shop in a small storefront in Gaborone, she is hired to track down a missing husband, uncover a con man, and follow a wayward daughter. But the case that tugs at her heart, and lands her in danger, is a missing eleven-year-old boy, who may have been snatched by witchdoctors.
Audiobook
I have started this audiobook already and I am loving it!

Still Reading
Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James
The Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson
Wrapped in Rainbows by Valerie Boyd

 Books Completed Last Month
(Reviews coming soon)
Brown Girl Dreaming (audiobook)
Paper Towns (audiobook)
The Ocean at the End of the Lane (audiobook)
Time Keeper (audiobook)
Insurgent (audiobook)
Speak (audiobook)
No Way Out (e-book) 

I have no idea what else I will get into this month.  I know I will complete The Lost Symbol soon because it is sooo good.  Then I will have to find another audiobook.  I might get a few of the short audiobooks from the Rachel Knight series.  But since I am traveling to BEA15 at the end of the month I might need a long audiobook for the flight to and from New York.  

What are you planning on reading this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment