My Little Pocketbooks: Review: Inferno   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Monday, October 5, 2015

Review: Inferno

Inferno
Author: Dan Brown
Genre: Thriller
Publisher: Random House Audio 
Release Date: May 14, 2013
Audiobook: 17 hours and 12 minutes
Narrator: Paul Michael
Series: Robert Langdon (Book 4)
Source: Free from e-Library

Book Description

Harvard professor of symbology Robert Langdon awakens in an Italian hospital, disoriented and with no recollection of the past thirty-six hours, including the origin of the macabre object hidden in his belongings. With a relentless female assassin trailing them through Florence, he and his resourceful doctor, Sienna Brooks, are forced to flee. Embarking on a harrowing journey, they must unravel a series of codes, which are the work of a brilliant scientist whose obsession with the end of the world is matched only by his passion for one of the most influential masterpieces ever written, Dante Alighieri's The Inferno
 Dan Brown has raised the bar yet again, combining classical Italian art, history, and literature with cutting-edge science in this sumptuously entertaining thriller.

Review

This is the fourth and I think the last book in the Robert Langdon series.  Now let me say this first, I loved The Da Vinci Code as well as Angels and Demons.  Both of those books, I read before I started blogging.  Those two books made me excited about reading and made me want more.  Now as part of my incomplete series goal (to complete book series I started) this year I picked this last book up from the library.  
Robert Langdon is caught up into some craziness again but this time he has no idea how it all started, where he is and how he got there.  Robert wakes up in a hospital and is running for his life the minute he comes to in Florence, Italy.  And yes he has a beautiful women with him the whole time.  
This is the worse of all the books in the series.  The book starts out really good.  The opening of the book starts of with some really great action and gets the reader hooked from page one.  I love that about Dan Browns books.  The thrill of this thriller is packed with non-stop place to place movement.  I loved that until two things start to happen.  One, the one and only female is his new hook up.  Why does he have to have a different woman on his hip in every single book?  Why?  In his every day life Robert Langdon does not have a woman but when he gets into trouble there "she" is.  The chic on the hip.  Minus one star Dan Brown for playing that same story line out again in this book.  Ok!  The other reason is the ending.  This ending is the worse ever.  After all that chasing, fighting, killing and stuff it all was for what?  Nothing basically.  Nothing.  I felt like I had invested way to much time for nothing.  Bye bye star!
Overall, the story was good until the last three chapters.  Yuck!  Even thinking about it now kind of pisses me off.  Please Dan go onto a new series.  Let this one die. 

Reviews by Other Bloggers

Recommendations

I recommend this book to older teens and adult readers due to the nature of violence.

Challenges

This book is number 20 in my Audiobook Reading Challenge
This book is number 35 in my Goodreads Reading Challenge
This book is number 8 in my Books Set in Another Country Reading Challenge

Other Books in the Series

Take a Listen

No comments:

Post a Comment